Adaptive Equipment Award
This award is for individuals suffering from a neurological condition. Neurological conditions are defined in our list of neurological diseases and disorders found here.
The goal of the adaptive equipment award is to ease the burden of an existing neurological condition and improve the quality of life for individuals suffering with these conditions.
Please check the guidance and eligibility before filling in the application below.
The application for adaptive equipment can be found here.
Guidance for applicants:
We take into account financial situations and urgency for equipment after being newly diagnosed, however other situations are also considered.
Currently due to financial constraints our preference for adaptive equipment awards is for the UK, however other applications from other regions of the world will also be considered.
Preference for the adaptive equipment goes toward long-term benefits and sustainability of the equipment rather than relief of short-term symptoms.
- Must be suffering from a neurological condition in our list of neurological conditions or applying on behalf of someone who is unable to complete the online form due to a disability.
- The equipment must be used to improve the quality of life for the applicant disabled by one or more neurological condition(s).
- The adaptive equipment being applied for should not be for equipment available by government funding.
The selection committee meets on a rolling basis, however we review new and older applications to support as many eligible applications as possible. If successful you will be notified within 6 weeks from an initial email contact.
Terms and conditions:
- Equipment should not be resold or used for any other purpose or person than the applicant.
- Adaptive equipment will be purchased directly by MfH.
- Adaptive equipment must be used for the applicant suffering from a neurological condition in our MfH list of neurological diseases and disorders
- Every effort should be made to secure government funding before applying to MfH.
- Supporting documentation will be required if your application is successful.
- Preference for the adaptive equipment goes toward long-term benefits and sustainability of the equipment rather than relief of short-term symptoms.
- Follow-up feedback will be required to document the impact of the equipment for our future reference.
- None of your information will be distributed to third parties